Wednesday, September 29, 2010

life can get so complicated.

But it's okay.  Everything I put myself through will make for a really good story one day.  So yeah, my three week old Isuzu Rodeo passed on to engine heaven yesterday.  Kind of my fault.  Sometimes I have this tendency to push things to the absolute limit.  I'm one of those people that will drive around on E, leave  at the very last moment possible, and agree to be in fifty places at once.  I like the adrenaline rush that is derived from the idea of not knowing if I will be able pull it off.  And knock on wood, I usually pull it off.  I've only ran out of gas once, and really I was just being stupid when that happened.

So when I knew that I should probably get my oil checked before I headed up to SF, the 'risk taker voice' stepped in and said, meh its fine, just go.  And in all fairness, my oil was supposably changed and checked three weeks prior.  But its weird because I also felt like something was going to go wrong, I just had this feeling like.. your not going to make it there like you planned.  I don't know why, I'm usually really good about listening to that inner voice thing, but for some reason, this time, I was like whatever, I'm sure it will be fine.  But as it turns out.. yeah, not so much.  Now I am without my Isuzu, and back in L.A.  What sucks is that I feel like I ran smack into a brick wall.  I am without an operating car and without a home. And without a way to get to San Fran.  Anddd.. most of all my belongings are in Chicago.  Ugh.  For the last few months I've been going through this weird streak where every set of plans I make falls through the grates, sucking me into the current of unexpectancy.  I'd be lying if I didn't admit to enjoying it, but now I really just want a cute little apartment (or room) to call my own and decorate.  Not to mention how ready I am for a job with a little regularity and structure.

Heres a little photo montage of my morning yesterday.


Its 7:30am, ready to hit the road..




San Fran get ready..
And I'm off!


Engine trouble.. there is absolutely no oil.


yeah, that's my pouty face..


waiting for my friend Monica to save the day


boredom on the shoulder of the freeway.


seriously, its 114 degrees outside. no air.


watching semis fly by..

my poor baby..

off to the nearest mechanic.


After hearing I needed a new engine..
we headed to margaritaville
 to ease the pain..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...