Thursday, September 16, 2010

An Adventure Back in LA.

Spontaneity is the quality of being able to do something just because you feel like it at the moment, of trusting your instincts, of taking yourself by surprise and snatching from the clutches of your well-organized routine a bit of unscheduled pleasure.
Richard Iannelli

It was a fabulous, unintended three weeks.  There are no words to express how grateful I am for my old and new friends in this city.  I came back on a whim, and I have to admit, its was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made.. ever.  I flew back with two bags, one filled with my jewelry designs and supplies, the other filled with my belongings.  It was the most liberating feeling to know that at that moment in time, I held in each hand my only responsibilities. I was returning with three priorities: (1) showcase my jewelry line at a few events, network, expand the exposure and sales of Garage Gypsy, (2) buy my old, inexpensive 'dream' car to a) retrieve a few belongings I had left behind, b) run me around the city, and c) deliver me to my next destination, (3) see Phoenix play live in SB with my bffs.

It was a fun adventure, I came with a purpose, but flew by the seat of my pants the whole way.  I had the best of both worlds.  I met an array of amazing new people, all of which I hope to cross paths with again, and I was reunited with old friends.  There are just so many reasons I love this city: farmers markets, runyon canyon, meeting other creative designers, artists, musicians, Nature-well (and all other juice/health food stores), piloxing and classes at Crunch, friends that will carry you home from the Fuck Yeah Feast after too much alcamahol, and the fact that in five minutes, I can be at a cute coffee shop, Whole Foods, The Grove, Blick, art museums, or Target.  This all makes it very hard to leave, but my soul is just screaming for a new adventure.  A new city to discover, learn, get lost in and conquer.  I guess, after all, I am just a rolling stone.



Meet Murtough, my recent obsession and biggest headache.  Don't ask me why, but I always seem to be  attracted to objects or what have you, that are most likely to cause me more grief.  On the other hand, they seem to feed me with the most gratification.  How I ended up purchasing another vehicle will remain a mystery to even myself.  Once I get an idea in my head, assuming I want it bad enough, I just do whatever it takes to make it a happen.  I like to think of this quality as one of my better strengths, but in reality it can easily become my greatest weakness.  Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...