Friday, March 13, 2009
1) Wash all vegetables and pat dry. Chop off the ends of asperigus and then cut into thirds. Place into steamer over boiling water and steam for 5 minutes until bright green.
2) In the meantime slice radishes into thin slices, and arrange equal parts of spinach onto two plates.
3)Once the asparigus is ready, carefully remove the steamer from the pot of boiling water and rinse asperigus under cold running water for a minute or two. Pat dry and add equal parts to plates of spinage.
4)Add the radishes, parmesan cheese, pepper, olive oil, and red wine vinegar to salad. Enjoy!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Raised blood insulin levels depress the immune system. If your immune system is depressed then your ability to fight disease is weakened.
Raised blood insulin levels can cause weight gain. Insulin promotes the storage of fat; so, when you eat foods high in refined sugar, you increase fat storage. Obviously, the result is rapid weight gain.
Refined Sugar contains no vitamins or minerals so in order for sugar to be metabolized it must draw on the body’s reserve of vitamins and minerals. When these reserves are depleted, metabolization of cholesterol and fatty acid is impeded, contributing to higher blood serum triglycerides, cholesterol, promoting obesity due to higher fatty acid storage around organs.
• Sugar can contribute to hyperactivity, anxiety, depression, concentration difficulties, and crankiness in children.
• Sugar can cause drowsiness and decreased activity in children.
• Sugar contributes to a weakened defense against bacterial infection.
• Sugar can cause kidney damage.
• Sugar may lead to chromium deficiency.
• Sugar can cause copper deficiency.
• Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
• Sugar can increase fasting levels of blood glucose.
• Sugar can speed the aging process, causing wrinkles and grey hair.
• Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
• Sugar can contribute to osteoporosis.
• Sugar can cause depression.
• Sugar can increase the body's fluid retention.
• Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance.
• Sugar can cause hypertension.
• Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.
• Sugar can cause an increase in delat, alpha and theta brain waves, which can alter the mind's ability to think clearly.
And the list goes on and on.
You can find more at:
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
I LOVE to rearrange and redecorate. Probably because I am a person who loves change, and I am constantly trying to make improvements until I'm perfectly content. And if I ever hit that point, I rip it all down and start again. Or I move.
The Bathroom BEFORE