Wednesday, May 12, 2010

a perfect 'me' day

the flowers from one of my bbf's wedding :)

Its easy to get caught up in expecting yourself to accomplish fifty things a day.  I set a high bar for myself, I want to achieve some sort of greatness, and I want to be able to have all that I want.  Don't ask me why, sometimes I feel like a slave to my own expectations.  The thing is, I am a very true believer in that "you can do anything you put your mind to," I don't think there's anything you can't accomplish if your heart is truly in it.  There are a lot of things I want out of life and then there is a lot I want to give in life.  I tend to get so ambitious at times, that I want it all to just happen now or I feel that I'm in a race against time.  So I have to remind myself of balance and that its good to take time to sit and enjoy life, nature, the world around us, and that its good to take time out for ourselves.


I'm really trying to strive for a healthy, peaceful, yet productive live style where can be the happiest.  And I finally feel 'on track' with it.  Today, I woke up around 7:30 (& w/o my alarm!), got dressed in my workout get up, made tea and ate a little parfait of strawberries, plain kefir yogurt, with some chopped almonds sprinkled on top.  I checked my emails, got sucked into the internet for a little bit, and then hit the road with my yoga mat.  I hiked up Runyon Canyon and made it down just in time for the 10:30 yoga class.  It felt so good, I haven't done full on yoga in like six months!  Now, I decided I'm going to follow that little routine every Wednesday!  I got home by noon, chatted with my room mate and then made myself a big 'ol veggie salad with chicken and goat cheese! I sat out by the pool and ate it with a tasty glass of coconut milk.  I learnt recently that you should consume a bit of fat with your vegetables to increase your body's ability to absorb the health-promoting carotenoids that vegetables provide.  There are lots of good soluble fat in coconuts, so why not get the biggest bang out of your food.


"Carotenoids are fat-soluble substances, and as such require the presence of dietary fat for proper absorption through the digestive tract. Consequently, your carotenoid status may be impaired by a diet that is extremely low in fat." Found @ http://www.whfoods.com/, one of my favorite informational websites on nutrition.
my salad today
my roomie's mushroom & avocado omelet looked so good this morning!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so amazing, I miss Runyon yoga so much! I can't wait until I get back from France and I can get into a routine again :)

    V

    www.VisforOlive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...