Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tim Burton Exhibit Oozes Inspiration.

Yesterday my friends ((Jen & Gilbert)) and I took a field trip to the Tim Burton exhibition at LACMA.  The exhibit is a retrospective of Burton's work, starting with his early work as teenager growing up in Burbank, spanning through his years at Disney, and up until now.  The exhibit was a creative collection of both his professional and personal works including: sketches, storybook mock ups, paintings, sculptures, stop motion films, short films, movie props, and a unique black light installation.  I mostly enjoyed his older personal sketches.  He really is a genius the way he combines these eerie sketched characters with undertones of humor.  I have to admit that prior to this I was never a huge Tim Burton fan.  I always enjoyed his work, but after seeing his exhibition I have developed a whole new enthusiastic passion for his vision and series of work.
Coincidentally, Aug 25th also happened to be Tim Burton's birthday, in which case everyone visiting the exhibit had the opportunity to wish him happy birthday on a dry erase board via photograph.

More pictures AFTER the break!!!


Here we go, entering Tim Burton's World...
We weren't allowed to take photographs, but to no surprise I was able to locate some photos taken in the exhibit to share with you.  I'm personally glad I didn't worry about taking any photos because I was able to truly enjoy and absorb all of his art in the moment.  Going in with mentality that can only take with you what your mind can retain really allows you to fully indulge and carefully study what's around you.
 
The Edward Scissorhand's costume was one of my favorite pieces.  I think I may have spent at least fifteen minutes observing all of the different materials and textures.  It was an utter work of art.

[[xo]] Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...