Monday, January 31, 2011

fashion homework.

Whether your a designer, stylist, store owner, etc, etc, you know you have to be aware of what's happening on the runway.  I have been a little behind on my homework, but last night I spent a good four hours clicking through the runway of an abundance of designers and taking notes.

I feel knowledgeable again.  However, from a designer stand point (in my mind) as soon as it has hit the runway, it's old news.  Well, it used to be this way - I saw a lot of repeats on the runway from previous seasons.  Bright colors are still being embraced (which I am happy to see), tailored trousers, there was still an abundance of fringe (still a fav), the patterns got a little funkier, and lots of crisp white along with an array of neutrals.  While some designers took a minimalist approach (Chloe, Derek Lam, No.21, The Row), which I believe is carrying over from fall, others like Vera Wang and Dsquared2 took the opposite road.  Some fresh trends to the scene, that I was very pleased to see, included the three-quarter-length skirts (lady-like dressing is back), the use of sheer and silk materials (I do love the sheer skirts), and the pops of coral red!

Here are some of my favs, but check my other blog for my complete review.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...