Thursday, June 17, 2010

some things never change.

1991(ish)
2010

So tonight I took the liberty to scan this old photo of myself that was taken when I was about four.  I have it displayed in my room because it is one of my all time favorite photos.  I'm not gonna lie, part of me likes it because I think its cute, but the truth is there is only a hand full of events you remember when your this age.  I remember this night like it was yesterday.  And that that tutu, it was from K-mart.  I'll never forget that either.  I wanted it so bad.  My parents had just enrolled me in my first ballet classes.  I remember seeing that tutu while I was sitting in the shopping cart (the basket side). The sparkly mesh caught my eye!  I don't think my mom wanted to by it (probably because it wouldn't have been appropriate for my ballet class & I'm sure she figured I wouldn't wear it).  I must have pouted and cried enough to the point where my mom caved.  My mom always says I was the most stubborn child.  In my opinion, I just new what I wanted, and did what it took to get it.  That never changed, either.  I remember the night I put this on though.  I was so excited about something, not sure what, but I had to grab/put on all my favorite things and have my mom take a picture.  I was so exited, I forgot to take off my undershirt/tank.  My mom instilled good habits into her kids at a young age, my brother and I wore undershirts everyday up until we could pick out our own outfits.  Ha! So there I am with my favorite barrette, scrunchie, baby blue heart bracelet, button necklace, egg necklace, my baby dolly and my wooden blue cat.  Possibly, I was a very strange child, but I did have style and I never stopped accessorizing.  Always a material girl.  What can I say, I grew up on Madonna, Dirty Dancing, and MC Hammer.  This is not important, but I'm pretty sure my mom was on the phone when I gave her the camera.  Anyways, point is, my love for fashion, jewelry, and pretty things has been running through my veins for a very long time.  This here proves it.  I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed reminiscing.  And Mom, when and if you read this, you have to comment!

Its funny, too, because my 'look' has changed a lot in the last five years.  I've had long hair, short hair, blond hair, black hair, blue hair, curly hair, strait hair, blah blah blah...but I've seemed to finally make a full circle.  I'm literally rocking my hair from the early 90's.  I can't stop laughing.  But I do love it.

1 comment:

  1. this is amazing. and yes, the photo is super cute. i have photos just like this. i always looked like a street urchin because i didn't want to wear shoes outside, my long long always came out of whatever doo my mom pulled it back in and got tangled with leaves, and i would come in and put on my favorite princess dress. dirt and tulle. gotta love us little girls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...