Sunday, March 20, 2011

foreign films and fashion.

Uschi Obermaier

Lately, I've been immersing myself in an array of foreign films (mainly French) while working in my studio.  I would love to speak French, and when I studied, the hardest thing was learning the tongue.  So, I figure if I'm more immersed in it, maybe it will be easier to pick up.  Of course I have no idea what's really being said because of my poor movie-watching skills when working, but I figure just listening can't hurt.

Last week I watched Eight Miles High (Das Wilde Leben).  I wouldn't say it was the greatest movie by any means, but I loved the style.

Achim Bornhak's film about the famous German model/muse Uschi Obermaier.  An icon of the 1968 movement in Germany and a rock and roll vixen with a gorgeous head of hair. Known for seducing men like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards; she travels the world wearing the most beautiful clothes or sometimes none at all, and dances like an ethereal goddess of music.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...