Friday, March 13, 2009

RADISHES

I got a little creative with some radishes I bought from the farmers market. And this is what I came up with. I never thought I was much of a raddish person, but after giving them another shot, I fell in love.
my Radish & Asperigus Salad
Ingredients: (serves 2)
2c. Spinach (I like baby Spinach)
1/2c. Asperigus
4 Radishes
Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Red Wine Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (opt)
Fresh Ground Pepper

1) Wash all vegetables and pat dry. Chop off the ends of asperigus and then cut into thirds. Place into steamer over boiling water and steam for 5 minutes until bright green.

2) In the meantime slice radishes into thin slices, and arrange equal parts of spinach onto two plates.

3)Once the asparigus is ready, carefully remove the steamer from the pot of boiling water and rinse asperigus under cold running water for a minute or two. Pat dry and add equal parts to plates of spinage.

4)Add the radishes, parmesan cheese, pepper, olive oil, and red wine vinegar to salad. Enjoy!


my Radish Sandwich
Ingrediants:
Wheat bread
Sliced Radishes
Baby Spinach
Goat Cheese w/ Garlic and Herb (this stuff is awesome, I have to admit it made the sandwich)
I bought the cheese at fresh and easy. I'm not sure where you might find an equivalent, but I'm guessing Whole Foods would have something. This is my second time buying goat cheese, however the first time I was not a fan. So it takes a little experimenting, but its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...